7 Best Carpet Cleaning Tips and Tricks
Do we need to keep our rugs and carpets clean? Well, maybe keeping your carpet clean is the last thing on your mind right now. But did you know?
You have to maintain cleanliness of the carpet to prolong its life, to keep it away from stains, improve its air quality, eliminate the bacterias and allergen present in it, and to retain its beautiful appearance.
After all, seeing your things clean can uplift your mood. That's why we'll give you out some do it yourself cleaning tips and tricks. Read further below to know more.
How to Effectively Clean Your Carpet?
- Don't Rub Stains - Never ever rub the stains but instead dab stains using a cloth, paper towels, or sponge with a cleaning solution. To be precise, you must always blot the stain from outside to inward. Why? Because blotting outward may spread the stains.
- Use Club Soda - If you are having a problem removing beer and wine stains, then try blotting the area with soda. If the stains are not yet removed after doing so, mix a white vinegar with water and put it into a handheld sprayer. Then, spray the solution on the stained area and let it for 10 to 15 minutes. Then, press the area with a clean sponge to soak up the solution and the stains. Repeat the process until the stains are removed. Finally, rinse the spot with water then brush the strands to its natural direction.
- Use Shaving Cream - If you do not have soda for removing stains then use shaving cream as an alternative. Apply the shaving cream directly to the stains for 30 minutes then blot it using a dry white cloth. Before doing so, you can also try spraying a mixed solution of vinegar and water into the stains to completely remove it.
- Freeze a Gum - Chewing gum stains are hard to remove. But worry no more, you do not have to completely throw away or replace your carpet. All you have to do is grab an ice cube then freeze the gums for 30 seconds. Then, remove the frozen gum using the spoon.
- Use a Dishwashing Detergent - Remove grease stains using dishwashing detergent like joy. Mix the grease-cutting dishwashing detergent into the water then spray it to the stains. Repeat this process until the stains are remove.
- Heat Wax Stains - You can easily remove wax stains by using an iron to heat it up. Place a white cloth on the top of the wax, then place the iron on top of the cloth to heat it up. And finally, scrape the wax. Do not heat up the carpet for more than 30 minutes to avoid burning the carpet and cloth.
- Use Hydrogen Peroxide - Blood stains can be easily removed using hydrogen peroxide. Just simply dab it using a cloth.
- Use Organic Cleaners - Use organic cleaners instead of chemicals in removing stains. Then, as usual clean up the solution with a cloth.
These are the 7 tips and tricks we would like to share with you. Keep your rugs and carpet clean to avoid unhealthy contaminants that may affect your health.